I don’t know where you are, but here in Utah (I’m on vacation…yay!) it is HOT! I can’t think of a more refreshing way to beat the summer heat then with this Watermelon Lemonade made and styled by Home Is Where The Boat Is, recipe found on myrecipes.com. And sweet Mary went above and beyond, cutting out darling watermelon stars and adding blueberries for a festive touch. So perfect for the 4th! Make sure to see more of Mary’s fabulous shoot here.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 8 large lemons), 4 squeezed lemons reserved
- 4 cups chopped watermelon
- Bring 6 cups water, sugar and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat, add reserved lemons, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree chopped watermelon in a blender or food processor with 1 cup water.
- Pour syrup and watermelon puree through a strainer into a pitcher. Stir in lemon juice. (Lemonade can be made up to 1 day ahead.) Serve over ice.